TweetDeck is the undisputed king of all Twitter clients. Originally launching on the desktop in mid-2008, it became an instant hit with everyone from regular social media addicts to corporate social media managers. After versions for iOS, Android and now “ChromeDeck” came out, TweetDeck has consistently been the go-to client and their products are now responsible for over 20% of the world’s tweets.
TechCrunch is now reporting that UberMedia has purchased TweetDeck for somewhere in the range of $25-$30m dollars.
At least according to Twitter, the Apple iPad and Google Android are still slightly more popular than teen pop idol Justin Bieber. Good thing too, because for a while there we were considering changing the name and focus of the site to BieberVirtuoso.
We’re pleased to announce that the winner of this weekend’s Lenovo A70z Giveaway is… Dennis Hwang (@dennishwang) – congratulations to him, he should be receiving his brand new all-in-one PC very shortly.
We had an overwhelming response and as a consolation prize to all our visitors, we’d like to offer you all a second chance to win!
Ivy Worldwide, which was our partner in giving away the last system, is conducting a survey of people involved with small and medium business, to get their opinions on technology purchases. It’s an easy, 15 question survey, that enters you into a random drawing to win a Lenovo A70z, as well as many other prizes.
There are some caveats, and there is no set cut-off date for the contest. When Ivy receives a sufficient number of submissions they’ll take that data and select a winner. Only people who complete the survey fully will be eligible to win, and you’ll need to give them your e-mail address as that’s how they’ll contact you to let you know you’ve won. Don’t worry, they’re good people and won’t give away your contact information to bad people. In fact, once the contest is over they’ll remove the contact data from their records forever.
We’re also looking forward to getting some other gear to giveaway in the coming months, so keep checking back for more awesome free stuff (and check back for our regularly scheduled IT content too while you’re at it.)
Complete the Survey
The only thing we like better than getting toys to play with and review is giving those toys away!
TechVirtuoso, Lenovo, 21 other technology blogs, and Ivy Worldwide have teamed up to offer our visitors a free Lenovo A70z All-in-one PC. Each site is giving away their own computer, and this is the same machine that Frank Owen reviewed yesterday, except brand new and without his grubby fingerprints all over it! This is $1200 value that can be yours by doing two simple things!
- Make sure you’re following the @techvirtuoso Twitter account. (We’ll contact you via DM to let you know you’ve won)
- Tweet this message, exactly as it says below:
Win a Lenovo A70z PC by following @techvirtuoso and RT this! See http://bit.ly/bRPNRI for more details. #freestufffromTV
But wait! There’s more!
As a special treat for our regular visitors, we’re giving you a second chance to enter your name into the running. All you have to do (after you do the steps above) is comment on this post and tell us what you’d do with a A70z. Would you replace your current desktop? Put it in your kitchen? Use it as a kiosk at the office? The possibilities are endless.
The contest starts NOW (July 2) and ends on Tuesday, July 6. We’ll announce a winner here on the site and on our Twitter account. We’ll contact the winner directly via Twitter DM, with information on where to send us your name, shipping address, phone number, email, etc.
There is one small catch for our visitors, we can only give this unit away to those of you who live in the US & Canada. Sorry to everyone who falls outside that area, it’s not our computer and those are the rules. We’ll get something cooked up next time that has world wide appeal.
- Processor: 2.93 GHz Intel E7500 Core 2 Duo
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
- RAM: 2GB (max 4GB)
- Display: 19 in (diagonal) Widescreen LCD, 1440 x 900, TFT active matrix
- Graphics: Intel GMA X4500
- Hard Drive: 320GB Serial ATA-300 7200 rpm
- Webcam: 1.3 megapixel camera
- WiFi: 802.11b/g/n
- Ports: USB 6 ports, Ethernet 10Base-T/100Base-TX/1000Base-T, Mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm, PCI Express Mini Card
- Dimensions & Weight: 2.9 in x 14 in x 18.6 in, 17.6 lbs
You can check out more specs and images or configure your own A70z, by visiting the Lenovo website.
As we mentioned, we’re not the only site giving away this system. Each site will have different rules for their contents, and you’re welcome to enter as many or few of them as you like. But you can only win one system. We encourage you to enter as many times and visit these other sites.
TechVirtuoso has teamed up with RingCentral, to offer our visitors a year of free RingCentral Mobile service! This is a $300 value, and all you have to do is a couple simple things.
- Make sure you’re following the @techvirtuoso Twitter account.
- Tweet this message, exactly as it says below:
Win a year of RingCentral by following @techvirtuoso and RT this message, see http://bit.ly/tvrcm for more details. #YourBusinessIsCalling
It’s that easy to enter… the contest ends on April 10 so make sure to enter before then. We’ll select a random follower and announce the winner on our site, and through our Twitter account, on the morning of Monday, April 12.
This is a great way to get your consulting business going, and look as professional as the big guys by having your own phone number, extensions, fax line, recorded custom greetings, on-hold music and promotional announcements and more!
But wait, while TechVirtuoso is the first to give away this awesome prize, we’re not the only ones. We’re partnered with other technology sites to offer this service. Each site will have their own contest rules, so be sure to check them out as well. There is no limit to how many site contests you can enter.
- TechVirtuoso (information technology): April 6-10
- The Digital Lifestyle (windows, media, lifestyle): April 7-April 11
- Clintonfitch (mobile reviews): April 8-12
- Geek News Central (technical information): April 9-13
- TCT Podcast (cool tech): April 10-14
- Mobile PC World (mobile pc information): April 11-15
- Mobile Gadgeteer (mobile gadgets): April 12-16
- Mobility Site (windows mobile, pocket pc, smartphones): April 13-17
- GottaBeMobile (tablet pc, mobile pc, multi-touch): April 14-18
- Neowin (technology news): April 15-19
- HackCollege (student lifehacking): April 16-20
- OSNN (windows, linux, macintosh news): April 17-21
- The LazyAdmin (lazy admin): April 18-22
- Slashdot Review (tech news): April 19-23
- GearDiary (mobile, technology, gear): April 20-24
- Mobile Jaw (mobility, mobile): April 21-25
- Mobilityminded (windows mobile, iphone, android, netbooks): April 22-26
- Chip Chick (tech, gadgets): April 23-27
- Daddy Forever (geek dad blog): April 24-28
- Absolutely Windows (microsoft windows, businesses): April 25-29
- GeeksRoom (software, hardware, gadgets): April 26-30
- BostonPocketPC (mobile, technology, news): April 27 – May 1
- Jake Ludington’s MediaBlab (gadgets, movies, music, podcasting): April 28 – May 2
- PlanetAMD64 (64-bit drivers, applications, utilities): April 29 – May 3
The winners from each site, will then be entered into a grand prize drawing for one of five Ultimate Small Business Start-up Packages from Ivy Worldwide. Each package will contain, in addition to RingCentral service:
- company incorporation services provided by LegalZoom
- logo design service provided by Logoworks
- 1000 premium business cards provided by Vistaprint
- and web hosting provided by BlueHost
The value of the entire Ultimate Small Business Start-up Package amounts to over $1000!
This could be the tweet that launches the your next great idea, or helps move your current business ahead of your competitors.