Cisco has unveiled their high performance home network router, the Linksys E4200. Not only is this thing feature packed, it comes in a pretty nice looking case for something that will be tucked away and never touched. Maybe Cisco intends to change that and wants you to put this bad boy on your desk for the world to see?
For $179.99, this thing packs a pretty hefty list of features:
- Simultaneous dual-band (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) wireless-N
- 4x Gigabit Ethernet ports
- USB Storage Port with built-in UPnP AV media server
- WPA/WPA2 encryption and SPI firewall
- QoS traffic prioritization
- 6 internal antennas, 3×3 MIMO
The USB Storage Port lets you add an external USB drive to your network and share files at home or over the Internet. The built-in UPnP AV Media Server allows for streaming of your video and media files to an Xbox 360, PS3, or other UPnP compatible device.
Cisco also has plans to turn the USB port into a Virtual USB port with a future firmware upgrade, this will also enable printers to easily connect to the network so all users in the home can print wirelessly.